If you qualify through your local California Regional Center, electing your own IDD care provider can shoot you to the top of the list to begin accessing your free care services.
Did you know that you can elect your own care provider, and they will be paid for the
hours they work providing care for your family? There is no cost to you if you qualify through your local California regional center.
Care providers can be friends, family members, neighbors, or anyone else you trust. You can even designate multiple care providers to maximize scheduling flexibility and make sure you’re able to use all of your authorized care hours from your local regional center.
There are many benefits to selecting your own care provider, check out some of the top reasons below!
- The choice of deciding who to entrust your child or dependent with is in your own hands.You know your child or dependent’s needs best and having the ability to select your own care provider puts the hiring decision with you so that you can find the best fit possible. For tips on identifying a care provider in your network, see here.
- Avoid waitlists and enjoy faster access to care.Selecting your own care provider can help you access care six times faster than those who wait to be matched with a staffed care provider. The care industry is experiencing staffing shortages like many other organizations, making it hard to find employees to service needed shifts.
- Your selected care provider might already be aware of your family routines and needs.Selecting someone you already know and trust can form a basis for a great care match. You’ll avoid the process of going through multiple caregivers to find a fit for your family, and your child or dependent might already be familiar with this person.
- The caregiver you select will get paid for the hours they work.Do you have someone in your network who is looking for another source of income and flexible hours? Becoming your care provider can address both of these opportunities. Best of all, you can select multiple care providers if needed to cover all of your authorized care hours.
To find out more about the process of onboarding your selected care provider see here.
- The evidence is in the numbers. Check out these statistics about selecting your own care provider.
- Families who select their own care provider utilize twice as many of their authorized hours as families who have a staffed care provider.
- Families who select their own care provider are also proven to need fewer care providers than a family who uses staff. This translates to not needing multiple staffers to cover your authorized care hours because your selected care provider is a better fit for
- When you select your own care provider, there is a higher chance they are only providing care for your family, whereas staffers provide care to many families making scheduling challenges a reality.
If you qualify through your local regional center and you’re ready to select your own care provider for your dependent, please provide us with the name, phone number and email address of your selected care provider(s) in the form of your local location below. Thank you.
Serving the following regional centers: Regional Center of Orange County (RCOC), San Diego Regional Center (SDRC)
Serving the following regional centers: Westside Regional Center (WRC), Harbor Regional Center (HRC)
Serving the following regional centers: Redwood Coast Regional Center (RCRC), Alta California Regional Center (ACRC), Far Northern Regional Center (FNRC), North Bay Regional Center (NBRC)
Serving the following regional centers: Central Valley Regional Center (CVRC), Golden Gate Regional Center (GGRC), Regional Center of East Bay (RCEB), San Andreas Regional Center (SARC), Valley Mountain Regional Center (VMRC)
Serving the following regional centers: Tri-Counties Regional Center (TCRC)
Serving the following regional centers: Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center (ELARC), Lanterman Regional Center (LRC), North Los Angeles County Regional Center (NLACRC), South Central Los Angeles Regional Center (SCLARC)
Serving the following regional centers: Inland Regional Center (IRC), Kern Regional Center (KRC), San Gabriel/Pomona Regional Center (SGPRC)