Personal care services are a wide variety of services where a caregiver provides hands-on assistance that helps you or your loved one with daily activities. Our caregivers are able to provide aid and assistance when needed, allowing you or your loved one to age peacefully in the comfort of their own home. Having an in-home caregiver provide personal care services allows you and your family to feel at ease knowing that you and your loved ones are in good hands. Personal care services can greatly benefit the quality of life an elderly individual has and can give them their freedom back. Our award-winning caregivers go through extensive training that focuses on providing your loved one the personal care services they need in order to remain in the comfort of their own home.
Our caregivers can provide a wide variety of personal care services:
- Bathing. It is of the utmost importance for you or your loved ones to be clean, hygienic, and practice healthy self-care and bathing habits. If bathing is a problem area, our caregivers can assist with bathing activities such as showering, bathing, sponge baths, etc.
- Using the restroom. As you or your loved one ages, it may become increasingly difficult to use the restroom independently. Our caregivers can provide aid with using the restroom and with various bathroom activities, including incontinence care, urgent urination or defecation assistance, and accident clean-up.
- Personal hygiene. Personal hygiene is incredibly important to ensure that an individual is living a healthy and high-quality life. Our highly skilled caregivers can assist in skin care, such as applying lotion to dry skin; brushing and washing hair; and assisting with oral hygiene practices, such as brushing teeth.
- Dressing. Wearing the proper clothing is important for elderly individuals, especially if they are more susceptible to falls. Not only is it important to pick out the proper clothing to ensure that an individual is safe throughout their day, but the act of getting dressed in the morning can be quite dangerous for those who are not steady on their feet. Our caregivers can help choose safe articles of clothing for our clients and assist them with dressing.
- Walking. When an individual is ambulating throughout their home, it is important that they have a safe environment to move about freely. Our caregivers can assist them with walking and ensure that the environment is conducive to mobility by clearing any clutter or being there to assist them if they need it.
Personal care often takes a backseat when individuals start to age and can no longer take care of themselves the way that they used to. By hiring an in-home caregiver to help provide you or your loved one with personal care assistance, you can be comfortable knowing that our caregivers are trained to handle personal care tasks that will allow you or your loved one to age peacefully and comfortably while maintaining a healthy mind, body, and soul.