As people grow older, they may start to feel as though their social life may not have quite as much enthusiasm as it once did. Perhaps their friends are passing away, or perhaps they are simply unable to physically get to their social visits the way they used to. Unfortunately, many seniors tend to distance themselves from their loved ones, especially if they are ill and may tend to believe they are more of a burden on their friends and family than anything. This leaves seniors feeling lonely, anxious, depressed and in need of companionship from a likeminded individual – which is where our caregivers come in!
As you or your loved one’s continue to age, our caregivers can provide both steady and quality companionship that will greatly benefit you or your family. Our caregivers are hand-selected for our clients based on common interests and matched personalities, which allows the care provider and their client to bond over their likeminded hobbies. Our caregivers will come into the comfort of you or your loved one’s home and spend time with them doing things that are both enjoyable and safe for their client!
How We Can Help You and Your Loved Ones
- Playing board games, especially the type of games that will allow the client to challenge their brain and their memory, such as puzzles or playing cards.
- Planning social visits with neighbors, friends or family.
- Accompanying the client to the social visits in which the care provider helps organize.
- Scrap-booking, writing or simply reminiscing on memories from their past.
- Talking about common interests or hobbies.
- Taking the client out to social events such as the movies, a coffee shop or restaurant.
Who Would Benefit from Companionship Services?
There are several different types of individuals that may benefit from hiring a caregiver for companionship services. If you or your loved one suffers from an illness that affects the ability to physically get to their social visits, hiring an in-home caregiver can allow the individual to either be accompanied to their social visits or simply have a social visit in the comfort of their own home, without the hassle of having to travel somewhere! Other examples of people that may benefit from companionship services includes:
- An elderly individual who relies on a family member to help them may find themselves without help during the day, especially if that family member goes to work or school. Our caregivers can provide respite care services that will give the family member peace of mind that their loved one has companionship while they are unable to be there for them!
- Individuals that are experienced cognitive issues or general cognitive decline may need having someone there to simply ease their mind if they become irritated or confused.
- An elderly individual that has experienced recent loss due to the death of a loved one who may start to feel withdrawn or depressed.
There are several different scenarios that may warrant hiring a professional in-home caregiver for companionship services. 24 Hour Home Care’s highly-skilled and trained caregivers will come into the home and ensure that you or your loved ones are safe and comfortable in the home, and ensure that quality of life, especially a social life, is always at the forefront of their brains!