Holiday Gifts Your Loved One Will Thank You For
We know that it can be challenging to find the right holiday gift for the very special people in your life. If you have an aging parent, grandparent or loved one, choosing the right gift can be especially challenging. Of course, one of the best gifts that you can give them is your time. However, if you would like to buy a tangible gift or are living in another place than your loved one, we have some gift ideas for your loved one that we think they will be able to enjoy for years to come!
• Cozy & comfy blankets! Everyone loves to snuggle up to a warm and comfortable blanket while relaxing. Blankets or throws are especially useful for your senior loved one, as their body temperature can fluctuate, and they may experience cold sensations.
• An experience that they will never forget. Whether you live close by or far away, a great gift to give your senior loved one is the experience to have a meal with you at their favorite restaurant. You could buy them a gift certificate or gift card to a restaurant that you know they will enjoy. When the time comes, you can enjoy a wonderful meal filled with joyous conversation! If you are unable to make the meal, make sure that you either find a family friend or another family member to attend with them, or simply send them the gift card or gift certificate.
• Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS)! Are you worried that your loved one will fall and have no way to notify you or emergency services? Buying them a device that can be worn either on their wrists or around their neck can help them in a time of need and put your mind at ease.
• A personalized gift! Did you know that Shutterfly.com has gifts that you can customize with pictures and messages for your loved one? Consider getting them a personalized key-chain, magnet or mug so that they can be reminded of their loved ones daily!
• A stool or bench for the shower. If your loved one has been having a hard time getting in and out of the shower or tub, it might be a good idea to take this opportunity to buy them a stool or bench for them to use. This will allow them to sit when they need it and gracefully get in and out of the tub or shower.
• The gift of a caregiver through 24 Hour Home Care! Does your loved one need help around the house? Does he or she need a companion? 24 Hour Home Care can provide nonmedical services for you and your senior loved one. Check out our website to learn more!
We hope that you have a wonderful holiday season filled with happiness, joy and time well spent with your loved ones. Happy Holidays!