5 Reasons to Donate to 24 Hour Home Care’s Holiday Toy Drive
2014 marks 24 Hour Home Care’s 6th Annual Toy Drive! Every holiday season, our 13 offices collect new toys from the community for the children that we have the joy of caring for.
If you’re wondering why you might contemplate donating, here are our top 5 reasons:
1. You’ll improve a child’s life- Did you know that play is essential for children to lead happy and healthy lives? Simple toys, such as dolls, books, and arts and crafts supplies are important to their complete development.
2. You’ll feel great- giving improves your sense of well-being, and helps to give you purpose.
3. Your present will make a child’s day this holiday – Many of the children may not have presents without your help. Think of their smiles when they have gifts to unwrap on Christmas!
4. You’ll become a part of the solution- More than 22% of all children are growing up in families with incomes below the poverty level, earning less than $23,550 for a family of four. Gifts are a low priority to families who are struggling to survive, so Christmas presents may be at the bottom of their list of priorities. You will be helping to create priceless childhood memories for a kid who faces countless adult worries on daily basis. This helps them to have the chance to feel like a child for one day of the year.
5. Donating is easy- make a quick call to your local 24 Hour Home Care office to organize your gift drop-off.
Donate specific toys here: